CoinOptServices

Frank Kampas
Is anybody working on fixing CoinOptServices?

Re: CoinOptServices

Miles Lubin
I'm not aware of any broken functionality in CoinOptServices, but it hasn't been updated to get rid of deprecation warnings on 0.5. We'd welcome a PR.

Is anybody working on fixing CoinOptServices?

Re: CoinOptServices

Frank Kampas
When I run Pkg.build("CoinOptServices") using Julia 5.0 and Windows 10, I get load errors and a build error message.

Is anybody working on fixing CoinOptServices?

Re: CoinOptServices

Miles Lubin
Please open an issue on the CoinOptServices repository with as much information as you can to help reproduce the problem.

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 11:04:56 AM UTC-4, Frank Kampas wrote:
When I run Pkg.build("CoinOptServices") using Julia 5.0 and Windows 10, I get load errors and a build error message.

Is anybody working on fixing CoinOptServices?

coin_opt_services_error.jpg (265K) Download Attachment

Re: CoinOptServices

Tony Kelman
do you have the lapack dll opened by some other julia process?

Re: CoinOptServices

Frank Kampas

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 9:01:29 AM UTC-4, Frank Kampas wrote:
Is anybody working on fixing CoinOptServices?

the problem occurs when nothing else is open.
I see on the GitHub page for CoinOptServices that the build is failing for Windows and Linux.

Re: CoinOptServices

Tony Kelman
Look at the actual logs. It installs fine, just has a handful of known test failures that are due to bugs in the upstream library. Something is preventing the lapack dll from being overwritten on your system. That's not a problem that's been seen anywhere else as far as I'm aware.

Re: CoinOptServices

Isaiah Norton
Something is preventing the lapack dll from being overwritten on your system.

  "Find" menu -> "Find a Handle or DLL"

  search for "liblapack" and look at what process owns the handle.

Look at the actual logs. It installs fine, just has a handful of known test failures that are due to bugs in the upstream library. Something is preventing the lapack dll from being overwritten on your system. That's not a problem that's been seen anywhere else as far as I'm aware.

Re: CoinOptServices

Frank Kampas
Process Explorer does not indicate that lapack is being run when the problem occurs.
I do have mingw installed elsewhere on my computer.

Re: CoinOptServices

Isaiah Norton
Process Explorer does not indicate that lapack is being run when the problem occurs.

Does
  Find -> Find a Handle or DLL -> "liblapack"

Return any results? The goal is to look for any open handle to "liblapack.dll", which would lead to the "Can not delete" error indicated in the posted error log. (I would not expect "liblapack" to ever be listed in the main Process list)

If the search does not return any results, then the "Can not delete" error may have a different cause.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Frank Kampas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Process Explorer does not indicate that lapack is being run when the problem occurs.
I do have mingw installed elsewhere on my computer.

Re: CoinOptServices

Frank Kampas

Handle or Dll substring "liblapack" returned 0 matching items

Re: CoinOptServices

Isaiah Norton
Other suggestion: try temporarily (re)moving that file (`%/liblapack.dll`).

I wonder if Julia itself is opening the dll for some reason, before WinRPM tries to replace it. (check again with Process Explorer while Julia is still running?)

Handle or Dll substring "liblapack" returned 0 matching items

Re: CoinOptServices

Frank Kampas
I removed CoinOptServices and WinRPM and was then able to add CoinOptServices