Coordinated effort to ready JuliaStats packages for v0.5

Coordinated effort to ready JuliaStats packages for v0.5

Douglas Bates
Many packages owned by the JuliaStats are throwing lots of warnings in v0.5-dev.  Some, like DataArrays, throw errors.  It seems that

Pkg.test("DataFrames")

gets stuck.

As v0.5 is to be released in time for JuliaCon it may be good to start on code cleansing for v0.5.  However, I don't want to duplicate effort by others.

May I suggest that those who want to participate in such a code cleanup either post their intentions in this thread or notify Simon Byrne or ...?

Re: Coordinated effort to ready JuliaStats packages for v0.5

Andreas Noack
I'm actually looking into some of this now. The main problem is DataArrays. The indexing code is really difficult and the same us true for the indexing code in base. It is probably only Tim Holy and Matt Bauman who understand it.

I think Simon Kornblith did most of the work on indexing in DataArrays but I think he is trying to finish his PhD.