Fresh clone gives label 0.5.0-dev+7990

David P. Sanders
With a fresh clone, but from my fork, I get the Version number as

Version 0.5.0-dev+8002 (2015-10-02 19:59 UTC)

I'm sure I've seen the solution to this somewhere, but I don't remember where.

Re: Fresh clone gives label 0.5.0-dev+7990

John Myles White
What's the problem? You want to be on release-0.4

> On Oct 2, 2015, at 1:20 PM, David P. Sanders <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> With a fresh clone, but from my fork, I get the Version number as
>
> Version 0.5.0-dev+8002 (2015-10-02 19:59 UTC)
>
> I'm sure I've seen the solution to this somewhere, but I don't remember where.

Re: Fresh clone gives label 0.5.0-dev+7990

David P. Sanders
Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

Master should have a version number like  0.5.0-dev+572,  not +7990,
which is the relevant number if it were 0.4.0-dev.

Re: Fresh clone gives label 0.5.0-dev+7990

Elliot Saba
This means that you have some commits way back in the git history of your fork that have not been merged into JuliaLang/julia's master branch.  You probably want to move your commits back up to the top of your branch so they're sitting on top of all the other commits; the way to do this is to run `git pull --rebase origin master` (that will take all the commits that are in your fork and attempt to replay them on top of the current tip of origin's master branch.  This is assuming that you want to base your work off of the master branch, and assuming that your "origin" git remote is JuliaLang/julia, if not substitute the appropriate names in wherever you wish)

Note that this command can run into issues, especially if the commits way back in your history modify something that has since been modified by later commits.  This will cause replay conflicts (just like merge conflicts) and you'll have to manually address them in the files it lists as conflicted, then `git add` them, and `git rebase --continue`.  Once all that is done, things should be back to "normal".
-E

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 1:24 PM, David P. Sanders <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

Master should have a version number like  0.5.0-dev+572,  not +7990,
which is the relevant number if it were 0.4.0-dev.

Re: Fresh clone gives label 0.5.0-dev+7990

David P. Sanders
Many thanks.

In the end, I decided to just pull a fresh clone direct from JuliaLang/julia and compile it, and then fiddle with the remotes afterwards.

El viernes, 2 de octubre de 2015, 16:37:30 (UTC-5), Elliot Saba escribió:
This means that you have some commits way back in the git history of your fork that have not been merged into JuliaLang/julia's master branch.  You probably want to move your commits back up to the top of your branch so they're sitting on top of all the other commits; the way to do this is to run `git pull --rebase origin master` (that will take all the commits that are in your fork and attempt to replay them on top of the current tip of origin's master branch.  This is assuming that you want to base your work off of the master branch, and assuming that your "origin" git remote is JuliaLang/julia, if not substitute the appropriate names in wherever you wish)

For what it's worth, I also tried this, but to no avail.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 1:24 PM, David P. Sanders <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="mOuLGfcqDAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">dpsa...@...> wrote: