Quantcast

Getting infeasible solution back using JuMP with IPOPT and/or KNITRO

Getting infeasible solution back using JuMP with IPOPT and/or KNITRO

Huckleberry Febbo
I am solving an optimization problem that I set up using JuMP and solve with both IPOPT and KNITRO. In some cases, the optimization converges to an infeasible point. How do I get the data from this infeasible solution back? In MATLAB, when I use IPOPT for example, I get back result if it is feasible or infeasible and in the infeasible case I can look at the constraints that are violated so that I can understand why the optimization is failing.  Now that I am using julia and JuMP with IPOPT (and now KNITRO as well), the infeasible solution is not passed back, I only get a result if the solution is feasible.

Re: Getting infeasible solution back using JuMP with IPOPT and/or KNITRO

Huckleberry Febbo
Also, is this the right venue for questions such as this?