Is DataStructures.jl still being actively maintained?

Is DataStructures.jl still being actively maintained?

Daniel Arndt
Hi all, I'm new to the community and the language, hoping I can find some useful ways to contribute.

I'm curious if there are still people actively maintaining the DataStructures.jl package?

I've put up a few pull requests in the last few days (the oldest is about a week old) but I haven't had any feedback yet. There is some small chatter in the issues here and there, but pull requests have been up for months with little or no update on their status, and very few commits have been added recently. It doesn't seem to have a whole lot of work put towards updating the package for Julia 0.4 (which I'm happy to help with!).

I totally understand if the maintainers are busy and focused on other things, I just don't want to invest too much time if this package is dying out (perhaps there is little or no need for it any more?).

Also, if you have a minute, please beat me up a bit over anything that could be improved on those pull requests!

Cheers,
Dan

Re: Is DataStructures.jl still being actively maintained?

Stefan Karpinski
Hi Dan,

Not everyone is subscribed to every package, so may not have seen them. Do you have links to specific pull requests that you've made?

Dan

Re: Is DataStructures.jl still being actively maintained?

Daniel Arndt
Hi Stefan,

I actually sent this last Monday, but I guess it took quite a while for my post to be moderated. The contributions have since been looked at (conveniently, right after I sent the follow up e-mail!). I guess I was just too impatient.

It still seems rather slow moving in that module, but I can live with that. I just wanted to make sure there was, at least, some pulse.

Cheers,
Dan

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Daniel Arndt <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="QKbiWE8kAwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">danie...@...> wrote:

Dan

Dan

Re: Is DataStructures.jl still being actively maintained?

Daniel Arndt
Joshua,

Theres some (unintentionally fragmented) discussion related to this in the topic:

[julia-dev] Request for reviews on JuliaLang/DataStructures.jl

On Monday, 9 November 2015 13:21:44 UTC-4, Joshua Ballanco wrote:
Actually, this raises a good question. Is there a list of maintainers for the different parts of Julia? I’m thinking something like <a href="https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/Maintainers" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fbugs.ruby-lang.org%2Fprojects%2Fruby%2Fwiki%2FMaintainers\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEWlUsL2pQpHOzd5BOpQhFJH5XUcw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fbugs.ruby-lang.org%2Fprojects%2Fruby%2Fwiki%2FMaintainers\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEWlUsL2pQpHOzd5BOpQhFJH5XUcw&#39;;return true;">https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/Maintainers and <a href="https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/MaintainersStdlib" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fbugs.ruby-lang.org%2Fprojects%2Fruby%2Fwiki%2FMaintainersStdlib\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNELl2S9G_zRsX1_1b4QrI6B9bRMQQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fbugs.ruby-lang.org%2Fprojects%2Fruby%2Fwiki%2FMaintainersStdlib\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNELl2S9G_zRsX1_1b4QrI6B9bRMQQ&#39;;return true;">https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/MaintainersStdlib for Ruby.

On November 9, 2015 at 15:59:24, Daniel Arndt (<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="p4qMAhM-AwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">danie...@...) wrote:

Dan

Re: Is DataStructures.jl still being actively maintained?

Joshua Ballanco

Yes, indeed. My apologies! (I need to finish clearing out my inbox before replying more…)

Actually, this raises a good question. Is there a list of maintainers for the different parts of Julia? I’m thinking something like <a href= "https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/Maintainers" target= "_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown= "this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fbugs.ruby-lang.org%2Fprojects%2Fruby%2Fwiki%2FMaintainers\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEWlUsL2pQpHOzd5BOpQhFJH5XUcw';return true;" onclick= "this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fbugs.ruby-lang.org%2Fprojects%2Fruby%2Fwiki%2FMaintainers\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEWlUsL2pQpHOzd5BOpQhFJH5XUcw';return true;">https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/Maintainers and <a href="https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/MaintainersStdlib" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown= "this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fbugs.ruby-lang.org%2Fprojects%2Fruby%2Fwiki%2FMaintainersStdlib\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNELl2S9G_zRsX1_1b4QrI6B9bRMQQ';return true;" onclick= "this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fbugs.ruby-lang.org%2Fprojects%2Fruby%2Fwiki%2FMaintainersStdlib\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNELl2S9G_zRsX1_1b4QrI6B9bRMQQ';return true;">https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/MaintainersStdlib for Ruby.

On November 9, 2015 at 15:59:24, Daniel Arndt (<a href= "javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="p4qMAhM-AwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick= "this.href='javascript:';return true;">danie...@...) wrote: