Quantcast

JuliaDB?

Seth
From http://juliacomputing.com/products/juliafin.html

JuliaDB is a high-performance, columnar data store for working with large-scale time series data. What sets it apart from the existing products in this area is the tight-knit integration of data and algorithms with the full power of the Julia ecosystem. In addition, high-performance analytics, easy parallelism, graphics and leveraging integrations with spreadsheets and data sources is the key to simplifying algorithmic trading, backtesting, and risk analytics.

However, the only references I can find to JuliaDB is the GitHub organization (https://github.com/JuliaDB).

Is this code open source, and if so, where does it reside?

Re: JuliaDB?

Jeff Bezanson
This is an internal name we've been using; it hasn't been finalized
yet so I removed it from the site (the name collision with the
existing github org is one of the issues of course). If you're
interested in this kind of functionality please contact me directly.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Seth <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="nfqwggLtAgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">catc...@...> wrote:

> From <a href="http://juliacomputing.com/products/juliafin.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fjuliacomputing.com%2Fproducts%2Fjuliafin.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHxM6mRKDwjI7mwuS33beTAZ3ciBg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fjuliacomputing.com%2Fproducts%2Fjuliafin.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHxM6mRKDwjI7mwuS33beTAZ3ciBg&#39;;return true;">http://juliacomputing.com/products/juliafin.html
>
>> JuliaDB is a high-performance, columnar data store for working with
>> large-scale time series data. What sets it apart from the existing products
>> in this area is the tight-knit integration of data and algorithms with the
>> full power of the Julia ecosystem. In addition, high-performance analytics,
>> easy parallelism, graphics and leveraging integrations with spreadsheets and
>> data sources is the key to simplifying algorithmic trading, backtesting, and
>> risk analytics.
>

> However, the only references I can find to JuliaDB is the GitHub
> organization (<a href="https://github.com/JuliaDB" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJuliaDB\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFLKR2wpln3_hHAxAByDyTaLxeLrw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJuliaDB\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFLKR2wpln3_hHAxAByDyTaLxeLrw&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/JuliaDB).
>
> Is this code open source, and if so, where does it reside?

Thanks, Jeff. Are you folks planning on open-sourcing the database?