Moving HDF5.jl to JuliaLang?

Tim Holy
Hi all,

With permission, I'd like to move my HDF5.jl repository to JuliaLang. JLD is
already there.

The main motivation is to signal clearly that I am maintaining too many
packages, and these two (while essential) are fairly peripheral to my core
interests---I help create and develop them out of need, not love.

I will be happy to keep contributing to HDF5/JLD just like I do to many other
people's packages. But I don't want folks to think of me as being the final
decider or ultimately responsible for their proper functioning.

Best,
--Tim

Moving HDF5.jl to JuliaLang?

Tony Kelman
Fine by me. Make sure you re-enable appveyor after the move since iirc it doesn't handle renames or moves automatically.

Re: Moving HDF5.jl to JuliaLang?

Stefan Karpinski
Sounds good. These are mature and broadly used. Thanks for maintaining them so far, Tim!