Not rebuild of Julia library before running a test?

Not rebuild of Julia library before running a test?

Arch Robison
After I finish building Julia, when I run a test with "make test-foo", it rebuilds the Julia library first.  This takes a long time (since I have LLVM in a slow configuration).  How do I make "make test-foo" run only test foo?

- Arch

Re: Not rebuild of Julia library before running a test?

Yichao Yu
On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Arch Robison <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After I finish building Julia, when I run a test with "make test-foo", it
> rebuilds the Julia library first.  This takes a long time (since I have LLVM
> in a slow configuration).  How do I make "make test-foo" run only test foo?

I always just do `./julia -f test/runtests.jl foo`, which has the
advantage that it can be easily prefixed by gdb and rr.

> - Arch

Re: Not rebuild of Julia library before running a test?

Stefan Karpinski
Maybe add this to developer tips somewhere?