Only an idea: CompleteDataFrame Type ?

Diego Javier Zea
I was thinking that after complete_cases!() there is no reason for allocating space for NAs (or for checking NA presence)

Re: Only an idea: CompleteDataFrame Type ?

Tom Short
After this operation, one could convert all columns from DataArrays to
standard Arrays. You don't need a separate DataFrame type. If you do
that though, you can't reinsert NA's (a feature or bug, depending on
your point of view). It'd probably be confusing for this to be the
default, though.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Diego Javier Zea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was thinking that after complete_cases!() there is no reason for
> allocating space for NAs (or for checking NA presence)
>
> Best,

Re: Only an idea: CompleteDataFrame Type ?

John Myles White
This is a very reasonable idea, but I wonder how often it would be used. For things like GLM's, it's easier to go straight from a DataFrame with NA values to a Float64 matrix with no NA's. Would be nice to see some use cases for doing this.

 -- John