Pkg3

Rory Finnegan
Hi Folks,

I couldn't find an existing issue or thread on this, but I'd like to help with the Pkg3 development. I've been working on (mostly maintaining now) Playground.jl over the last couple years and I'd really like to help get the core features into the Pkg3 implementation, so I can deprecate playground. Is there someone in particular I should contact or a repo I should work off of?

Thanks,
Rory

Re: Pkg3

Jacob Quinn
I think PkgDev.jl has been the goto for experimenting with next-gen Pkg functionality. You'd probably be best to open an issue there: https://github.com/JuliaLang/PkgDev.jl

-Jacob

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Rory Finnegan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Folks,

I couldn't find an existing issue or thread on this, but I'd like to help with the Pkg3 development. I've been working on (mostly maintaining now) Playground.jl over the last couple years and I'd really like to help get the core features into the Pkg3 implementation, so I can deprecate playground. Is there someone in particular I should contact or a repo I should work off of?

Thanks,
Rory

Re: Pkg3

Keno Fischer
Art and Stefan have been doing a lot of thinking on this topic, maybe
email them?

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 12:52 AM, Jacob Quinn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think PkgDev.jl has been the goto for experimenting with next-gen Pkg
> functionality. You'd probably be best to open an issue there:
> https://github.com/JuliaLang/PkgDev.jl
>
> -Jacob
>
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Rory Finnegan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I couldn't find an existing issue or thread on this, but I'd like to help
>> with the Pkg3 development. I've been working on (mostly maintaining now)
>> Playground.jl over the last couple years and I'd really like to help get the
>> core features into the Pkg3 implementation, so I can deprecate playground.
>> Is there someone in particular I should contact or a repo I should work off
>> of?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rory

Re: Pkg3

Rory Finnegan
Awesome, thanks! I'll start with looking at PkgDev.

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 12:52 AM, Jacob Quinn <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="XpQGpZpFBwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">quinn....@...> wrote:

> I think PkgDev.jl has been the goto for experimenting with next-gen Pkg
> functionality. You'd probably be best to open an issue there:
>
> -Jacob
>
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Rory Finnegan <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="XpQGpZpFBwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">rory.f...@...>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I couldn't find an existing issue or thread on this, but I'd like to help
>> with the Pkg3 development. I've been working on (mostly maintaining now)
>> Playground.jl over the last couple years and I'd really like to help get the
>> core features into the Pkg3 implementation, so I can deprecate playground.
>> Is there someone in particular I should contact or a repo I should work off
>> of?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rory

Re: Pkg3

Tony Kelman
If we can keep this in public design discussions instead of private emails I think that would be much more healthy and beneficial to the design process.

Pkg3

Stefan Karpinski
As soon as we get the 0.5 RC out I was going to start on working with Art to get a formal Julep out there. From there we can have an open discussion. Rory, as the creator of Playground, you were definitely one of the people I wanted to make sure was involved in that discussion – to make sure that the new design meets the needs that Playground currently satisfies that Pkg2 does not.