Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Aero_flux
How about organising something to help fund JuliaCon 2015 if funding is needed. www.spreadshirt.com/ maybe? I would be up for buying one. Would it be alright to reproduce one for myself?

I've been looking around for a Julia shirt and wouldn't mind getting a sticker, either. Might there be a way to make these available for resale, letting the proceeds go to the donut fund or somesuch?

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Sorami Hisamoto
It would be nice if Julia T-shirt is on sale to fund JuliaCon 2015. I
guess there are a certain number of people who would buy these Julia
goods if they are on sale.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Aero_flux <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How about organising something to help fund JuliaCon 2015 if funding is
> needed. www.spreadshirt.com/ maybe? I would be up for buying one. Would it
> be alright to reproduce one for myself?
>
> On Monday, June 9, 2014 at 10:55:06 PM UTC+1, Rich Morin wrote:
>>
>> I've been looking around for a Julia shirt and wouldn't mind getting a
>> sticker, either. Might there be a way to make these available for resale,
>> letting the proceeds go to the donut fund or somesuch?

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

David Smith
I would buy stickers. I need to replace my poetically faded and secretly embarrassing Matlab bumper sticker.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Aero_flux <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="1WOMfnqzIEQJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">thoma...@...> wrote:
> How about organising something to help fund JuliaCon 2015 if funding is
> needed. <a href="http://www.spreadshirt.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spreadshirt.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFclhamLHpaHl6KdHNOpTtJqDP-zw';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spreadshirt.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFclhamLHpaHl6KdHNOpTtJqDP-zw';return true;">www.spreadshirt.com/ maybe? I would be up for buying one. Would it
> be alright to reproduce one for myself?
>
> On Monday, June 9, 2014 at 10:55:06 PM UTC+1, Rich Morin wrote:
>>
>> I've been looking around for a Julia shirt and wouldn't mind getting a
>> sticker, either. Might there be a way to make these available for resale,
>> letting the proceeds go to the donut fund or somesuch?

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Viral Shah
As Stefan has said before, we are happy to license the logos royalty-free, with all proceeds going to fund Julia/conference. The easiest thing to do is to send the proceeds to NumFocus, which is an umbrella foundation and includes Julia.

However, someone will have to figure out all the details - finding a vendor, how the money will be transferred, etc. Happy to work with anyone taking the lead on this.

-viral

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 7:36:01 AM UTC+5:30, David Smith wrote:
I would buy stickers. I need to replace my poetically faded and secretly embarrassing Matlab bumper sticker.

On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 8:32:15 PM UTC-6, Sorami Hisamoto wrote:
It would be nice if Julia T-shirt is on sale to fund JuliaCon 2015. I
guess there are a certain number of people who would buy these Julia
goods if they are on sale.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Aero_flux <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How about organising something to help fund JuliaCon 2015 if funding is
> needed. <a href="http://www.spreadshirt.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spreadshirt.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFclhamLHpaHl6KdHNOpTtJqDP-zw';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spreadshirt.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFclhamLHpaHl6KdHNOpTtJqDP-zw';return true;">www.spreadshirt.com/ maybe? I would be up for buying one. Would it
> be alright to reproduce one for myself?
>
> On Monday, June 9, 2014 at 10:55:06 PM UTC+1, Rich Morin wrote:
>>
>> I've been looking around for a Julia shirt and wouldn't mind getting a
>> sticker, either. Might there be a way to make these available for resale,
>> letting the proceeds go to the donut fund or somesuch?

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Ismael Venegas Castelló
I would like a cap and stickers with the legend: "Any sufficiently advanced julian technology is indistinguishable from magic." :D

El lunes, 9 de junio de 2014, 10:52:22 (UTC-5), [hidden email] escribió:
Hi all,

Just FYI: I've made a Julia T-shirt and sticker on Zazzle (photo attached).

This is for my personal use only; hope this will not cause any problems.

Regards,
- Sorami

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Paulo Jabardo
Well, if that is the case, why not go one step further:
"Any sufficiently advanced programing language is indistinguishable from Julia"

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 12:18:47 PM UTC-3, Ismael VC wrote:
I would like a cap and stickers with the legend: "Any sufficiently advanced julian technology is indistinguishable from magic." :D

El lunes, 9 de junio de 2014, 10:52:22 (UTC-5), [hidden email] escribió:
Hi all,

Just FYI: I've made a Julia T-shirt and sticker on Zazzle (photo attached).

This is for my personal use only; hope this will not cause any problems.

Regards,
- Sorami

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Sorami Hisamoto
> "Any sufficiently advanced programing language is indistinguishable from Julia"

+1

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Mike Innes
"The distance between Julia and insanity is measured only in segfaults"

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Michele Zaffalon
No segfaults means zero distance?

"The distance between Julia and insanity is measured only in segfaults"

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Ismael Venegas Castelló
> "Any sufficiently advanced programing language is indistinguishable from Julia"

That's so much better Paulo!

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Michele Zaffalon <[hidden email]> wrote:
No segfaults means zero distance?

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Mike Innes <[hidden email]> wrote:
"The distance between Julia and insanity is measured only in segfaults"

I would buy that t-shirt.

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Ben Arthur
i have the opposite problem--  my wife is named julia, and everyone suspects i use the language julia because of an emotional attachment to my wife, not because it is such a great language :)

My ex-girl friend suspected me to use Julia because of an emotional attachment with a girl named Julia. Ok this was insanely jealous but I'll never wear such a T-shirt.

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Ben Arthur
we really really need a t-shirt to celebrate the release of 0.4.  stickers would be great too.  i'd even be willing to pay an exorbitant amount for these things if the proceeds went to juliaComputing.

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Timothée Poisot-2
Hex stickers would be cool http://hexb.in/ -- and stickermule prints
them quite well, or so I've heard.

I'd be willing to chip in as well if the proceeds went to
supporting julia in any way.

--
Timothée Poisot, PhD

Professeur adjoint
Département des sciences biologiques
Université de Montréal

phone  : 514 343-7691
web    : http://poisotlab.io
twitter: @PoisotLab
meeting: https://tpoisot.youcanbook.me/

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Stefan Karpinski
Those are cool stickers. Will have to work on a design.

--
Timothée Poisot, PhD

Professeur adjoint
Département des sciences biologiques
Université de Montréal

phone  : 514 343-7691
web    : http://poisotlab.io
twitter: @PoisotLab
meeting: https://tpoisot.youcanbook.me/

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Stefan Karpinski
I've also wanted shirts for a long time so we should design something for that. But I want them to be nice – something I'll wear around regularly.

--
Timothée Poisot, PhD

Professeur adjoint
Département des sciences biologiques
Université de Montréal

phone  : 514 343-7691
web    : http://poisotlab.io
twitter: @PoisotLab
meeting: https://tpoisot.youcanbook.me/

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Roger Luo
hope there is an official t-shirt in China too...if anyone can start a official store in Taobao

wants to have one too

在 2014年6月9日星期一 UTC+8下午11:52:22,ther...@gmail.com写道:
Hi all,

Just FYI: I've made a Julia T-shirt and sticker on Zazzle (photo attached).

This is for my personal use only; hope this will not cause any problems.

Regards,
- Sorami

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Ismael Venegas Castelló
How about one with:

#JuliaLang ...an elegant programming language for a more civilized age.

? :P

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Roger Luo <[hidden email]> wrote:
hope there is an official t-shirt in China too...if anyone can start a official store in Taobao

wants to have one too

在 2014年6月9日星期一 UTC+8下午11:52:22,[hidden email]写道:
Hi all,

Just FYI: I've made a Julia T-shirt and sticker on Zazzle (photo attached).

This is for my personal use only; hope this will not cause any problems.

Regards,
- Sorami

Re: Julia T-shirt and Sticker

Dobe_1
If I had known this earlier, would have bought bumper stickers. I need to get some awesome vehicle wraps for my wife’s car which she has just bought. She likes music so something related to that will be a good idea.