Re: Standalone executable

Joaquim Masset Lacombe Dias Garcia
Hi, are there any advances in this matter?
I´d like to create standalones or at least compiled libraries.

Em sábado, 16 de março de 2013 10:45:37 UTC-3, rezahousseini escreveu:
Are there any patterns to apply here? What would be the way to go?

On Friday, March 15, 2013 6:17:24 PM UTC+1, Stefan Karpinski wrote:
This is pretty hard to get right and not really a great solution. There are plans to be able to create binaries. Initially, they will be neither small, nor standalone (they will still require dynamic libraries to be present), but it will be a start. Eventually it may be possible to build small, stripped down and standalone binaries, but that possibility is not imminent.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM, John Myles White <[hidden email]> wrote:
We tried to do this with DataFrames and failed, so documentation would be very much appreciated.

 -- John

On Mar 15, 2013, at 12:36 PM, Tracy Wadleigh <[hidden email]> wrote:

I asked about this on the mailing list a little while back, and the short answer is that the functionality for proper stand-alone executables doesn't currently exist, but you can get partly the way there by loading all the code that you want and then dumping a system image. In fact, on that earlier thread, Jeff said:

Building system images is a potential approach to obfuscation, and
also speeds up loading a bit. You basically just require() your code
then tell julia to save off its state. I should document how to do
this, but the incantation is at the end of sysimg.jl.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM, rezahousseini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone

I really like how Julia is developing, especially that everything is well-thought-out.
One point I was wondering and never read anything in the mailing lists was the creation of standalone executables? Is there planned to have such a feature in Julia?
I have in mind a program with minimal depedencies which can run on any architecture without much installation overhead.

Thanks for your answers.

Cheers
Reza

Re: Standalone executable

Joaquim Masset Lacombe Dias Garcia
Is there any reference example or hints for using that?

best,
Joaquim

Re: Standalone executable

Stefan Karpinski