Re: What's julia's answer to tapply or accumarray?

Re: What's julia's answer to tapply or accumarray?

phaverty
RLEVectors.jl now has a tapply function where an RLE is used as the factor.

I cannot seem to find a built-in julia function that performs the function of tapply in R or accumarray in matlab. Anyone know of one?

Re: What's julia's answer to tapply or accumarray?

Chris Rackauckas
For reference I've been gathering these kinds of "vectorized" functions in, well, VectorizedRoutines.jl. I am just trying to get an implementation of all of those vectorized routines you know and love since, in some cases, they lead to slick code. You can find an accumarray there. Feel free to add a PR that has more.

I cannot seem to find a built-in julia function that performs the function of tapply in R or accumarray in matlab. Anyone know of one?

Re: What's julia's answer to tapply or accumarray?

Peter Haverty
​It's great that you are making a collection of these. I see that you have a vectorized searchsortedfirst (findInterval).  I also felt the need for that one and have a version in RLEVectors.jl. I'll have a look at VectorizedRoutines.jl to see what I can contribute.​

Pete

Peter M. Haverty, Ph.D.
Genentech, Inc.
[hidden email]