Quantcast

Re: simulation in Julia

Gray Calhoun

On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:44:00 PM UTC-5, Georgiana wrote:
[beginning of message cut]
Maybe I can create a for loop in Julia and run the program for data_i, where i=1,...500? But then how does Julia recognizes the name data_i with i being the simulation number?

Hi Georgiana, I have no idea if this is the best solution, but you can create the file names using string concatenation:

for i=1:500
    println("data_" * string(i))
end

The Dataframes.jl package has some functionality for reading and writing csv files:
<http://juliastats.github.io/DataFrames.jl/io.html>

--Gray