Simulink alternative, based on Julia?

Uwe Fechner
Hello,

from my point of view, Julia is already a viable alternative to Matlab for flight
and energy system simulations.

What still is missing is a block editor for dynamic systems like Simulink.

The best, open source alternative to Simulink that I know of is XCos,
which is part of Scilab.
XCos is a block diagram editor and GUI for the hybrid simulator

I think, that the XCos GUI is implemented in Java.
See: https://www.scilab.org/scilab/features/xcos

What would be a reasonable approach for implementing a block diagram
editor for Julia? Using QML.jl? Or could such an editor be implemented
with web technologies, based on Atom?

Any ideas welcome.

Uwe Fechner

Re: Simulink alternative, based on Julia?

J Luis
This example from the nuklear lib looks like this lib (C, header only) could be used for that.

See: <a href="https://www.scilab.org/scilab/features/xcos" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.scilab.org%2Fscilab%2Ffeatures%2Fxcos\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGWUkQEvuZVWjgCydwPzwhWa71bag&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.scilab.org%2Fscilab%2Ffeatures%2Fxcos\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGWUkQEvuZVWjgCydwPzwhWa71bag&#39;;return true;">https://www.scilab.org/scilab/features/xcos

What would be a reasonable approach for implementing a block diagram
editor for Julia? Using QML.jl? Or could such an editor be implemented
with web technologies, based on Atom?

Any ideas welcome.

Uwe Fechner

Re: Simulink alternative, based on Julia?

Bart Janssens-2
Hi Uwe,

My colleague Ben and I would also like to see something like this. I've started implementing models for use with QML views in QML.jl. Once this is finished, I think it should be possible to show the Julia model of the nodes in a Repeater QML view and draw the connections (also supplied by a Julia model) using a Canvas. I'll experiment with this a bit, but it's purely a hobby project so I expect progress to be erratic.

Cheers,

Bart