Sys.CPU_CORES

Júlio Hoffimann
Hi,

Sys.CPU_CORES returns the number of physical cores or processing units? Is it portable across different OS?

-Júlio

Re: Sys.CPU_CORES

Jeffrey Sarnoff
It works for me on Linux and Windows.

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 9:29:28 PM UTC-4, Júlio Hoffimann wrote:
Hi,

Sys.CPU_CORES returns the number of physical cores or processing units? Is it portable across different OS?

-Júlio

Re: Sys.CPU_CORES

Júlio Hoffimann

My question is, it returns the same concept in all OS? Is it physical number of cores?

-Júlio

Re: Sys.CPU_CORES

Isaiah Norton
it returns the same concept in all OS?

As far as I can tell, yes.

Is it physical number of cores?

Number of logical processors.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Júlio Hoffimann <[hidden email]> wrote:

My question is, it returns the same concept in all OS? Is it physical number of cores?

-Júlio

Re: Sys.CPU_CORES

Júlio Hoffimann

Thank you Isaiah, I'll follow your tip and use Hwloc.jl

-Júlio