Urgent: call for GSoC mentors for proposed and potential JuliaQuantum projects

Urgent: call for GSoC mentors for proposed and potential JuliaQuantum projects

Xiaodong Qi
Dear Julia developers,

I have posted this in the users' group, but since this is really urgent now, please allow me to posted in the devel group as well.

You may not have noticed that JuliaQuantum--an umbrella organization under JuliaLang--have received some ideas and proposals on this year's GSoC projects. However, the current members in the org seem pretty busy for the summer, and hence I am writing on behalf of the org to ask if anyone here is available to be a mentor for the current proposed and potential GSoC projects. The new mentors may only help on the code reviewing and docs to Google. The org can help find academic mentors for students if the proposed ideas are believed achievable in the short period.

JuliaQuantum is a pretty small Julia org, but we have successfully supported a GSoC project last year and have most of the fundamental framework of the Julia libraries for quantum science set up in our current scope. Hopefully see your participations in our current J/GSoC issue thread at https://github.com/JuliaQuantum/JuliaQuantum.github.io/issues/32 and contributions for the community in a long run. More information about the org can be found in our website at http://juliaquantum.github.io.

Thanking you,
Qi