best way to reinstall packages after upgrading Julia?

best way to reinstall packages after upgrading Julia?

Steven G. Johnson
When you upgrade from (say) Julia 0.4 to 0.5, you have to re-install all of the packages because the package directory changes.   It seems like there should be an automated way to do this.  Does something like this exist?  Seems like it should be a built-in Pkg feature.

(It would be straightforward to write a function that reads the REQUIRE file from another Julia version and adds all of those packages.)

Re: best way to reinstall packages after upgrading Julia?

Yichao Yu

I believe the current recommend way is to copy REQUIRED and run Pkg.update

On Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 4:47:58 PM UTC-4, Yichao Yu wrote:

I believe the current recommend way is to copy REQUIRED and run Pkg.update

Is this documented somewhere?  Would be nice to have an easy way to do it from the REPL prompt, without users having to know where these files are.